Statement of the Communist Party of the People`s of Spain
STATEMENT OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF THE COMMUNIST PARTY OF THE PEOPLES OF SPAIN ON THE ATTACKS IN MADRID
1. The EC of the PCPE repudiates the violent actions against the civilian population whichever the pretext may have been, even more since in this case the victims were workers and students in their way to their jobs. This is a position approved by the Congresses of the PCPE that today the EC reiterates with even more firmness.
2. The EC of the PCPE joins in solidarity with the victims of these attacks and expresses our sympathy to the relatives of the deceased.
3. The EC of the PCPE condemns any kind of political maneuver using this misfortune. The imperialist and neoliberal forces have made the fight against terrorism a strategy to legitimate their system of domination, the curtailing of democracy and liberties, as well as a political line of intimidation to try to maintain the process of accumulation of capital and the exploitation of the working class. This political line only conduces to a chain of reactions that feed a spiral of violence that prevent any democratic political solution to conflicts and annuls the masses protagonist role in the resolution of immense problems.
4. The Government of the PP has been characterized by politically intensifying the problems in order to try to legitimize the violent actions coming from different state apparatuses. Both in the case of Euskal Herràa as in the issue of Iraq the line of action is the same.
5. The EC of the PCPE demands the negotiated solution of the conflicts on the base of respect of the sovereignty of the peoples, the right to their free self-determination, and an international order of social justice, democracy and peace. The respect to other people`s rights is Peace.
EC of the PCPE - Madrid, March 11, 2004
The PCPE does not join the demonstrations called for this Friday by the Government of Aznar. It will not legitimize with its presence the authoritarian policies that under the pretext of fighting terrorism, are undermining democracy, individual liberties and rights, and personal guarantees.
COMMUNIST PARTY OF THE PEOPLES OF SPAIN