Migrante Austria- Indignation Rally " Cry for Justice " Ka Randy
Let us not allow such ruthless acts to occur with impunity!
• Migrante Austria strongly condemns the brutal killing of the Peace Consultant, former Deputy Secretary-General of Kilusang Magbubukid ng Pilipinas and the National Chairperson of Anakpawis Party-List, Randall "Ka Randy" Enchanis.
• The killing of 72-year-old peace advocate and agrarian reform activist Ka Randy is a cold-blooded and unpardonable extra-judicial execution. His killing is the latest in a long list of atrocities and loathsome attacks on peace and peasant advocates under Duterte’s Anti Terror Law, a notorious fascist regime!
• "Our anger is beyond words. This is a culture of extrajudicial killings with impunity under the Duterte regime. This is a declaratory act that national leaders of legal-democratic movement are now targeted to be killed by the Duterte regime. The entire civil society, human rights advocates and freedom fighters must totally denounce this criminal act,” said former Anakpawis Rep Ariel Casilao.
• We are enraged beyond measure. The despicable and shameless killing of Ka Randy— in the middle of a pandemic that this government fails to stem — only shows that the dark and murderous forces of Duterte’s militarist regime will not cease in their deranged rampage of killings and other gross human rights violations.
• As peasant leader, Ka Randy spearheaded nationwide campaigns for genuine agrarian reform, including free land distribution to Filipino farmers. He was instrumental in crafting the Genuine Agrarian Reform Bill (GARB) repeatedly filed in Congress since its first filing in 2007. He has wholly given his life in service of the peasantry and the people. Selfless and resolute, Ka Randy continued in working for genuine land reform and a just peace despite being detained three times under the presidencies of Ferdinand Marcos, Cory Aquino, and Gloria Arroyo.
• How can we achieve genuine and comprehensive social and economic reforms, as well as just and lasting peace, if advocates like Ka Randy are being vilified, threatened and traitorously silenced?
• With alarm and anxiety but also with strong commitment to exact justice and accountability, we worry about the other NDFP peace consultants and leaders of the democratic movement, what with the emerging 'shoot-to-kill and take-no-prisoner' orientation of state security forces whom Duterte lovingly refers to as 'his soldiers'. All freedom-loving Filipinos and human rights defenders should not allow such ruthless acts to occur with impunity!
We will seek justice! In the midst of the vast oppression, inequality and tyranny, millions of Ka Randy will rise!
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;